Wednesday, July 3, 2013

KISS Poster Sells For 3 Grand

I grew up wearing KISS. I lived it. I breathed it. Their faces were the paper on my bedroom wall. I owned everything. One problem. I put staples through the soul of Rock n Roll. What kind of freak didn't hang their KISS banner's high above realities bite? Probably the Dude that once owned an appearance poster from St. Petersburg’s Bayfront Center on Oct. 20, 1975. The sliver of paper fetched $3,125. On tour behind its career-saving ‘Alive’ album, the band opened the show with ‘Deuce’ and concluded with an encore that featured ‘Cold Gin’ and ‘Rock and Roll All Nite.’ According to the poster, tickets were $5.50 in advance and $6.50 at the door. WAIT! Stand by! I have breaking news for poster keepers! Not so perfect still earns top dollar The winning eBay bidder also received original photos taken at this Florida concert and the ticket stub. Though the poster was never folded or rolled, it does contain various pinholes. As the seller says, “It hung on the closet doors of a young Kiss fan for many years. Back then, no thought was given to ‘mint condition’ or other such silliness.”

No comments:

Post a Comment