Friday, March 18, 2016

New Music From Iggy Pop

Both Iggy and Josh talk about their new project together. Iggy Pop is back with a new album. Titled Post Pop Depression, it was produced by Josh Homme from Queens of the Stone Age. Asked why he chose Josh, Iggy tells us, "I kind of knew about [Queens of the Stone Age] and I would hear stuff and I would go, 'Kind of fresh, kind of quirky.' I needed to come up with the goods and make a really good record and somebody said, 'Josh Homme might do something with you.' So then I really researched him." Iggy will be backed by Homme, Dean Fertita -- who plays with both Queens and The Dead Weather -- and Arctic Monkeys drummer Matt Helders when he kicks off a short run of dates in Seattle on March 28th. They'll wrap up the 13-date North American leg in Los Angeles on April 28th and head to Europe a week later.

No comments:

Post a Comment