Thursday, March 10, 2016

Dave Evans Wants His Job Back In AC/DC

I love a great Classic Rock story! Dave Evans was the original lead singer for AC/DC. Now that Brian Johnson is out. Dave wants his job back. He talks about how Bon Scott took over the position. Dave Evans, the man behind the microphone for AC/DC before Bon Scott and Brian Johnson, says his fans want to see him back in the band now that Johnson has been advised by doctors to stop touring or risk total hearing loss. AC/DC say they will reschedule their 10 postponed tour dates, but with guest vocalists. Evans tells the Sydney Morning Herald, "When I perform around the world, the fans love my music and my performances, and I hear what they tell me. That's what they all tell me. They're pretty appreciative of my vocals and performances." Regarding the news about Johnson, Evans says, "I just thought it was sad news. It's your lifeblood as a singer. Live performances are so personal. Without the crowd and the adrenaline, it's going to be hard for him. Performances are the big highs in our lives." Though he knows his return is a longshot, Evans adds that "it would be nice to do one guest performance. [Former members] were all part of the band no matters what era they were from." Evans sang on the band's first two singles, "Can I Sit Next to You Girl" and "Baby Please Don't Go" before leaving in 1974 to join the Newcastle glam band Rabbit.

No comments:

Post a Comment