Thursday, November 19, 2015

Grace Slick On The Age Of The Stage

Since 1999 Grace Slick has been on a kick. The older you get the more you should stay clear of a live performance. She first came out against the Rolling Stones. Now she's troubled by Fleetwood Mac. Should there be an age limit to performing live? Grace Slick is a fan of Fleetwood Mac, but she thinks it's time for them to walk away. The former Jefferson Airplane frontwoman says, "I saw on television a filming of Fleetwood Mac doing something and I was OK as long as I didn't look at 'em. I couldn't look at 'em. They sounded great...and if I looked away and imagined young people singing I was OK with it. There's something about old people singing rock 'n' roll lyrics that bothers me. It just doesn't match." Fleetwood Mac is on tour in New Zealand and unavailable for comment. Grace has been saying this since the late '90s, and back in 1999, she told us that Mick Jagger should have hung it up. But she's changed her tune on that, saying, "The only so-called old people I've seen that I really liked and thought, 'That still works,' is The Rolling Stones. They did a thing that was filmed in a park in Great Britain and the way they acted, the way they sang, the musicianship...just worked really well. It was good rock 'n' roll." She is most likely referring to their 2013 show in London's Hyde Park.

No comments:

Post a Comment