Thursday, May 30, 2013

Alice Cooper On Top Of Mount Everest

More than most times. Way often then one expects or assumes. Autograph seekers truly are fans of the music maker that set it free to skip about the world like a second grader on the playground. There was once a time when collecting signatures was a fun sport. But in radio...when music moves toward us at the speed of light and road manager's can sometimes be the biggest butt. You know...holding onto such things no longer carries importance. Each time I'd look at the squiggly letters I'd think of the hateful moment caused by everybody but the artist. So I stopped standing in line and began the process of talking human speak with the pencil pushers. I love me some Rock Talk! I ain't no People Magazine. But when you leave me...you're gonna know the questions were driven by someone vowing to never stop working for Radio listeners. Rock Star signatures are a hot item for a lot of fans. I totally get it! Especially when those supporting the creative system...take the autograph beyond selfish behavior. Van Halen sang it, "Standing on top of the world." Alice Cooper is living it. A guitar signed by the Classic Rocker has arrived at the summit of Mount Everest. Instead of walking for charity. Firefighter Todd Pendleton climbed. Raising nearly $25,000 for the Leukaemia And Lymphoma Society. Once on top...his prize possession Alice Cooper autographed guitar was taken out and played. He says: It’s hard to put into words how difficult the journey has been. Death was palpable every time we put our crampons on. You had to focus on what you were doing, not what could happen, but it was always in the back of your mind. I haven’t been able to put into words what happened on summit day yet, but it tested my soul. It was terrifying and beautiful. I wouldn’t recommend it to anyone though.” Donate now.

No comments:

Post a Comment