Thursday, October 11, 2012

Should Rock Stars Ever Say, "I'm Sorry?" Stevie Nicks Just Did

There used to be a time when being Politically Correct sat in a salt shaker wishing and hoping to one day be spread over the digestion system of the American population. If you got caught faking a smile, it was from the ground you'd pick yourself up from because not saying it was just as bad as letting it slip through your lips. The Dixie Chicks should've just blown up their tour bus after spoutin without poutin a true to life feeling dealing with President George Bush, "We're ashamed the President Of The United States is from Texas." Did Baby Boomer's truly forgive John Lennon for being true to his view, "Christianity will go. It will vanish and shrink. I needn't argue with that; I'm right and I will be proved right. We're more popular than Jesus now; I don't know which will go first - rock and roll or Christianity." Frank Zappa seemed to survive in the days after saying, "Most rock journalism is people who can't write, interviewing people who can't talk, for people who can't read." Another Frank, this one names Sinatra shared with reporters, "Rock 'n Roll: The most brutal, ugly, desperate, vicious form of expression it has been my misfortune to hear." Elvis was ordered to stop moving his hips on national television to which he replied, "Rock and roll music, if you like it, if you feel it, you can't help but move to it. That's what happens to me. I can't help it." Like him or not Ted Nugent has always been hot, "I am Classic Rock Revisited. I revisit it every waking moment of my life because it has the spirit and the attitude and the fire and the middle finger. I am Rosa Parks with a Gibson guitar." Um...do you remember what Courtney Love shouted out to the world, "What makes the most money for this business? Dead rock stars." You gotta love Billy Joel, "The whole world loves American movies, blue jeans, jazz and rock and roll. It is probably a better way to get to know our country than by what politicians or airline commercials represent." Ok... that brings us to Stevie Nicks. Fleetwood Mac's golden child has stepped in a giant pile of "She said what?" But instead of wearing it well she's played with the smell. RollingStone Magazine reports Stevie's "truly sorry" for her aggressive statements towards Nicki Minaj after Minaj reportedly threatened Mariah Carey on the American Idol set. "How dare this little girl!... If I had been Mariah, I would have walked over to Nicki and strangled her to death right there." Today, Stevie Nicks backtracked. "I want to apologize for my remarks about Nicki Minaj's behavior toward Mariah Carey, which I said during a long and exhausting day of interviews. It was out of character for me and I deeply regret what I said. I feel very protective toward Mariah Carey, who has gone through many difficulties in her life, and I spoke without thinking. I think all artists should be respectful toward one another and that includes me. I am truly sorry."

No comments:

Post a Comment