Wednesday, October 31, 2012

New Music From Guns And Roses Without Slash, Izzy and Duff

Guns N Roses... There's no need to sit in front of a 64 inch flat screen hooked up to VH1's That Metal Show to realize Axl and company slapped into place a serious impact on American music. I get it! I played it! I took the calls from Rock starved radio listeners that couldn't wait for MTV to quickly spin their playlist back to the beginning. Where I get off the GNR sweet child train is at gate 2012. My welcome to the jungle is null and void due to a continued respect for Slash, Izzy Stradlin and Duff MaKagen. Guns N Roses has soared through more members than the Kardashian's have had men. It's no Paradise City! The rock band love story is so thick with twists and turns Eddie Trunk from That Metal Show is green like Linda Blair in the Exorcist. LA cops would instantly pull his ass over and charge him with a RPWUIOPPFH: Rock poisoned while under the influence of other people's false high. Checking out GNR today is no different than catching The Osmond's without Donnie and Marie. Hmmm guess I'm exposing an open wound. How long did we wait for Axl to make music? Only to realize the machine keep ticking. RollingStone Magazine reports the man on the microphone said the next album won't take as long as the delay-plagued Chinese Democracy. When asked about the long wait for the band's 2008 album, Rose pointed to complications with personnel. Stop! Take ten deep breaths before fading back into the love triangle. "I had to deal with so many other things that don't have to do with music but have to do with the industry. There's such a loss of time," he said. "It was more about survival. There wasn't anyone to work with or trust. Someone would come in to help produce and the reality was they just wanted to mix it and get it out the door. They had a different agenda. [The next album] will come out sooner." Rose also had harsh words for ex-girlfriend Stephanie Seymour and former bandmates Slash and Duff McKagan, saying the trio damaged his ability as a writer. "To those three, it was all crap. It beat me down so much," he said. "At the time of the [Use Your Illusion] tours, Slash and Duff said, 'You're an idiot, you're a loser.' I didn't write for years. I felt I was hindered for a very long time. I was also trying to figure out what I wanted to say, when it's right to be venting and when you're digging a bigger hole. Lyrics on Chinese took a long time." Stop! Enter Casey Kasum with a long distance dedication...make sure it leads into Knockin on Heavens Door. The singer also played down a possible Guns N' Roses truce. "I feel that ball's not in my court," said Rose. "I'm surviving this war, not the one who created this war." Please cross fade into November Rain... Maybe it's just me. My morning pup tent went limp when everything 1990's GNR began to re-feed journeys already visited. Honestly did we need remixes of Live and Let Die, Sympathy For The Devil and Hair of the Dog? Butte, Montana you're on the air!

No comments:

Post a Comment