Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Green Day's New Video Kill The DJ

Being introduced or constantly connected to "New music" is why I continue to lap up radio and VH's1 Weekly Video Countdown like a dog discovering ice cubes. The stats are flat on my age group. Research shows I'm supposed to be diving into fish tanks overrun with The Cure, Nirvana, Foreigner, Journey, The Clash, Mellencamp, Madonna and everything Bee Gee's. If not the case the foot race should be toward the twagin and bangin caused by Country Music rather than Flo-Rida, The Black Keys, Katy Perry, Linkin Park, Foo Fighters, Foster the People, David Guetta and Nicki Minaj. I don't go anywhere without I Heart Radio. KISS in Los Angeles features a new cut and within seconds I'm tapping titles into the face of a Smartphone. Feeding an addiction to what I call "Constant Fresh" can easily be LINKed back 80 billion years to my teenage bedroom where the scent of black vinyl sent vibrations through a Montana kids need to meet chicks choosing instead to find new music. A desire that tore up cheap Kmart speakers while devouring every cent made mowing lawns, keeping score at bowling alleys or begging the Mother figure for bucks even she couldn't afford but somehow poured into the pockets of a rocket headed for Jockin on the radio. Why should life be any different thirty three years into a book of broadcast ratings long gone and forgotten? I pant like the dog I am at reaching this point of my every day. To not only Jock talk about music and its maker's but fire up the engines of the video devices in your computer showcasing the latest in pen scratchings and vocal shavings. Without further ado... I give to you! The Green Day titled: Kill the DJ A sliver, a toe dip, something incredibly small yet part of an extremely large approach to giving it their all. Rollingstone Magazine did their thing but updating fans of the band to last week's unveiling of Green Day's upcoming of albums¡Uno!, ¡Dos! and ¡TrĂ©!, during a surprise gig at Los Angeles' Echoplex. Now you can check out the studio version of one of those tracks, the Clash-recalling dance-punk shuffler "Kill the DJ." Frontman (and new guest mentor on The Voice) Billie Joe Armstrong recently spoke to Rolling Stone about the entire trilogy and had this to say about the origins of "Kill the DJ": "[Bassist] Mike [Dirnt] asked me to write a song with a four-on-the-floor rhythm. I'd never done it before. It's kind of like Sandinista!, Ian Dury's 'Sex & Drugs & Rock & Roll' and the Tom Tom Club song 'Genius of Love.' We were trying to figure out how to make dance music without turning into a dance band." What are you still doing on this page? Go check out the video! Find your true inner peace staying connected to "Constant Fresh..."

No comments:

Post a Comment