Monday, April 25, 2016

The Return of Peter Wolf

Peter Wolf says the title of his new album A Cure for Loneliness is a personal statement. Peter Wolf discusses his new album A Cure for Loneliness. "Music has been my constant cure... for loneliness. And so, it's a collection of just a lot of new songs I've written and some favorite roots songs that have been with me all my life." One of the standout cuts is a very different version of the J. Geils Band favorite "Love Stinks." At first, that wasn't a song he planned to include on the album. Peter Wolf on his reboot of the J Geils song "Love Stinks." "We were taping live and that was not planned. We were backstage fooling around. I think a little bit of Kentucky's finest -- everyone was having a little sip of this and that. And so on stage, I just called out, started singing 'Love Stinks,' and the band started following me. People enjoyed it so much, we decided to put it on the record. But it wasn't planned that way." Wolf is getting ready to head "north, west, east and south" on a tour that begins next Friday and extends into the summer. Expect his new material to be mixed with songs he made famous with The J. Geils Band. As Peter reminds us, "It's a large part of my life. We were together for 17 years." Peter Wolf previews his spring tour. "There are a lot of hip-shakin', uptempo, slamming things. We just do a lot of different textures. A broader bunch of things, but I still rock it out -- there's still a lot of blues-based things and raunchy things. So, it's different. And I also include some of my favorite Geils songs." That J. Geils history even includes a show where they actually shared a bill with the late, great Prince. Peter Wolf was a fan of Prince, even before he and The J. Geils Band were opening acts for a 1981 Rolling Stones show in L.A.. "I met him several times throughout the years, and he was also a guest on a bill that The J.Geils Band had played with The Rolling Stones out in California. I met him even before his first recordings came out. And so, I did not know him well, but one thing's for sure, I was and still am a very huge fan of his artistry, creativity and his work." Peter Wolf kicks off his tour April 29th at Infinity Hall in Hartford, Connecticut.

No comments:

Post a Comment