Thursday, April 14, 2016

Robin Zander In AC/DC?

Cheap Trick singer Robin Zander says he would be willing to stand in with AC/DC on tour if asked, but on one condition -- Brian Johnson, his neighbor in Florida, would have to give his blessing. Zander tells Rolling Stone: "I wouldn't go there as a slap in the face to him. But if he said, 'Go ahead,' I would do it. And I'd donate the money to somebody. They're AC/DC. People want to hear those songs. Sure, they want to hear them with Brian. But if Brian isn't there, they can get someone else. I don't know what else to say, but I know I'd be heartbroken if something happened to me and I couldn't sing in Cheap Trick." Axl Rose has been rumored for the slot, an idea that doesn't sit well with Zander or his bandmate Rick Nielsen. "I don't know about that. That's weird. Malcolm [Young] left, and if he was still there this wouldn't be happening, I don't think. We love Angus [Young] and all that stuff and Brian's my neighbor for god's sake and I'm afraid to walk over and say hello. To see this happen is sort of like a death in the family."

No comments:

Post a Comment