Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Mike Reno And Loverboy Are Ready For The 80s Party

Mike Reno of Loverboy is about to ignite a huge celebration in Los Angeles at the iHeart Radio 80's party. Everybody's going to be there from Culture Club to Billy Idol. If you think that's big... you should hear how he feels about his song Lovin Every Minute Of It being played at the Panther's Arizona game... Loverboy frontman Mike Reno is excited that his band is playing the iHeart '80s Party, set for February 20th at the Forum in L.A. He can't believe how strong the bill is. Mike Reno is really excited about Loverboy being on the bill for the iHeart '80s Party "Are we playing with anybody else? 'Cause some of our friends are asking me about it, right. And I just got the list -- this is gonna be amazing: Culture Club, Missing Persons, Rick Springfield, Billy Idol, Tears for Fears and Loverboy. And that is the '80s wrapped up in a bow, right there, man." The rest of the lineup is a mix of old friends and artists who had hits at the same time his band did, but never crossed paths with. Mike Reno of Loverboy on the '80s Party co-stars. "I've met the singer for the Culture Club, Boy George, at a couple of events that we kinda chummed around a little bit. He was a pretty cool guy. I met some of the people in Missing Persons, and Rick Springfield is a friend of ours. We did a tour with them last year. So we got to know everybody there including Rick, of course. Billy Idol, I've never met; and Tears for Fears, I've never met. So I'm looking forward... I'm actually looking more forward to doing this show than probably everybody who's going." The setting is special as well. The Forum has been renovated as is now a top-notch facility. And Mike won't just be performing that night. Mike Reno says staging the iHeart '80s Party at the Forum in L.A. is very cool "The Forum, for instance, has been changed around. They took the hockey rink out of it and I think they just set it up totally for concerts. Going to be a huge crowd. And it's in L.A. -- it's like one of the top cities in the world to doing a concert. Everybody, you know, looks forward to it. I'm looking forward to seeing all the other bands -- I'll be there all night. I'm going to stay there all night. I'm doing to stay there all night and watch everybody. I'm going to be like a fan." A big sports fan, Mike got an unexpected surprise while watching last Sunday's NFC Championship game on TV. Loverboy's Mike Reno on one of his band's songs being played near the end of the Panthers/Cardinals game. "I noticed when I was watching the game in North Carolina, they were kind of stomping on the poor Arizona team, there, and just barreling over the top of them. And right near the end, they played 'Lovin' Every Minute of It,' 'cause they won the right to go play in the Super Bowl. And I was so honored that they played 'Lovin' Every Minute of It' to celebrate. And the crowd was singing, 'Lovin' Every Minute of It,' and I just went 'this is great'!"

No comments:

Post a Comment