Thursday, June 6, 2013

Robert Plant Dumps Nashville While John Paul Jones Goes Opera

Robert Plant is leaving the Nashville music scene to be... Robert Plant. He says it's time to move back into the threads of what introduced him to millions. He's not the only Zeppelin in full flight. John Paul Jones is writing an opera. His parents were vaudeville stars with a creative addiction to bringing stories to the stage. Which means fans of both musicians will still have to wait for a Led Zeppelin reunion tour. Fans of Robert Plant know he's a restless man. He's never been a forger of sound. Robert's passions make him a composition archeologist. He digs for rhyme, reason and purpose then develops a style all his own before setting it free to round about the planet. His latest stop Nashville. (2 years strong) Is about to change. Zeppelins former leader singer wants to get back to being Robert Plant. Or as he puts it: I don’t have to be so concerned about making sure I am in harmony with anyone else. I won’t have to worry about Patty [Griffin] glaring at me when I eph up Robert isn't the only Zeppelin taking flight. John Paul Jones is writing an opera.” Emotion. Passion.” He admits to being “halfway through the first act.” Writing a piece of music for this medium presents some unique challenges. Asked to name the biggest one, he responded, “The sheer scale of it, I think. I don’t know. I’m probably about to find out what the challenges are.” Talk soon turned, of course, to the possibility of a Led Zeppelin reunion, and although Jones refused to rule out the possibility, he did point out that he’s got other things going on at the moment. Saying he only has time to “do little gigs that I don’t have to prepare too much for,” he discouraged rumors of a 2014 tour by saying, “2014′s full of opera for me at the moment.”

No comments:

Post a Comment