Friday, April 19, 2013

Is Steven Tyloer Coming Back To American Idol?

Thank you God for the DVR! That's the only way I've been able to make it through this year's edition of American Idol. Three ticks into a vocal release and I'm hitting fast forward. I wish I could say I love the show. Turns out it was Steven Tyler of Aerosmith that I was tuning in for. Anyone who has the guts to run their mouth is a hero. They say it because they feel it. The live it because anything less is just getting by and that just ain't America. Do we know the real reason why he left American Idol? Was it the producers or Joe Perry wanting to bang out a new album and tour? I got this feeling Steven is missing himself on the show. In a recent interview he reflected fondly on his time as an ‘AI’ judge. “I miss it,” he admitted wistfully. “I miss J-Lo and Randy. It was a hoot.” When the interviewer pointed out that Tyler had engaged in a public war of words with Minaj not too long ago, Tyler reminded us, first and foremost, he’s a savvy showman. “I like Mariah, and I’m a big fan of Keith, but if you really think about it, you want some drama,” he pointed out. “Put me in a room with Nicki. Put me in a room with Nicki!”

No comments:

Post a Comment