Thursday, April 4, 2013

Eddie Van Halen Hip Rocks With LL Cool J

It's not what I believe. It's those who have convinced me. The world of music couldn't and wouldn't be without the physical act of a working team. Behind every solo artist gone Idol... is a collaboration that rarely if ever gets credit. Insert your own Justin Bieber joke. Lennon without McCartney wouldn't have worked. Jagger not hooking up with Richards would've kept this nation locked up in a world of Big Band Standards with a twist of Nashville spilled milk. I'm not knockin Country Music! That shape of sound along with Hip Hop has done more for its self image than any other style presented. Writers, producers, record labels and managers have agreed to leave their egos at the door. There's more collaborating taking place than any other time in music history. Brooks and Dunn, Montgomery Gentry. How many people still think it's the name of a band? Jason Aldean, Luke Bryan pumping out the tune The Only Way I Know. The Band Perry will only be a family act until it's time for one of them to go solo. Being a club and private party DJ for twenty plus years I've seen dance floors explode when mixing the combination of Classic Rock and Hip Hop. Why more masters of the craft aren't crossing the line shocks me! Rock guitar God Eddie Van Halen and Rap Artist LL Cool Jay. Whose best known as Sam Hanna on the CBS drama NCIS Los Angeles are about to change the entire layout. Eddie says his collaboration with the rap artist was exactly what he needed as a musician. The guitar icon appears on two tracks of Authentic, due out on April 30 – and on one of those, We’re The Greatest, he managed to persuade Cool J to sing. Hear a clip from the work below. Van Halen tells GuitarWorld: “The thought of me playing guitar to hip hop was definitely left of centre – but I was intrigued and I agreed to meet and listen to what he had. “I was not only inspired by the songs I heard, but LL’s enthusiasm, his down-to-earth personality, the freedom he gave me to co-create and his willingness to, for the very first time, sing the chorus on We’re the Greatest. “It was like a breath of fresh air that I needed as an artist and an individual.” After working on We’re The Greatest, which also features Blink 182 drummer Travis Barker, Van Halen hopes he’s been involved in the start of something new. He says: “The diversity of the songs on this album and the other artists he has collaborated with is outstanding, appealing to multiple genres of music and maybe even creating a few of our own.” Cool J feels the collaborators struck the right note. “I approached this song with the upmost respect for Eddie and his fans, and became friends with him through the process,” he says. “I was humbled to watch a genius at work and collaborate with such a legendary and visionary artist as Eddie Van Halen, and to bring our two worlds together, was an exciting opportunity. I am thrilled he was up for the ride.” See the video

No comments:

Post a Comment