Friday, February 22, 2013

The Original Heart Will Rock The Hall Of Fame

Calmly I would sit in my boy teen bedroom wearing a pair of Kmart purchased headphones attached to a Sears brand 8-track tape player invisibly banging my head against the hard riffs and catching lyrics of a set of girls named Anne and Nancy Wilson. If KISS hadn't existed. Heart posters would've been stapled to those long shanks of fake wood paneled to the walls. I grew up thinking something seriously was wrong with me. Every kid my age spoke of wanting sex with the Wilsons and I wanted only music. Rock Goddesses are to be treated with respect not hand carved notches on a metal bedpost. Maybe it's just me but the Rock n Roll Hall of Fame inductee broadcast is about to get my kind of spicy. Unlike Guns n Roses, Anne and Nancy Wilson of Heart have creatively recollected all the original members of the band. And yes they will perform. It marks the first time they've performed together since 1979. According to Classic Rock Magazine; this contradicts what Ann Wilson told Rolling Stone back in December when the announcement of their induction was first made. “[T]he performing part might be different because of the whole Ann and Nancy Wilson versus the Heart band,” she said. “We’ve been playing with our current band way, way longer than that. You know this is one of those things we’ll need to dust off among ourselves. But we’re both really happy if the initial lineup of guys gets acknowledged.” When asked directly if she was willing to perform with the original group, she gave a succinct, “No. Nope.” The induction ceremony will take place at the Nokia Theatre in Los Angeles on April 18. Heart will be inducted by Chris Cornell of Soundgarden.

No comments:

Post a Comment