Friday, December 18, 2015

Steve Miller's In The Hall Of Fame

Steve Miller talking about his induction next year into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, and while it's still early, he tells us he knows who he'd like to have induct him. "Elton John is a really good pal," says Miller. "That would be probably my first choice because he's such a great record maker and he's always been so supportive of me. He loves my Greatest Hits." We reached out to Elton's office but have yet to hear back. The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame ceremony is on April 8th in Brooklyn, New York, and as far as Elton's tour schedule is concerned, there is nothing announced for that date. Despite being eligible for induction since 1993, Steve wasn't nominated until this year. Regarding this week's news that he is headed in, he tells us, "I was surprised and relieved on one hand and sort of disappointed on the other because it was so much fun every year being complained about that I wasn't in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. It was always good for like a week of press every year. Now I assume that now I am going to be inducted I won't get that bump next year." But in all seriousness he says, "I know that it's important to the fans, and so for that part I'm thankful." Joining Miller in the Class of 2016 are Cheap Trick, Chicago, Deep Purple and N.W.A.

No comments:

Post a Comment